Tuesday, June 25, 2013

TECHNIQUES IN CHOCOLATE

June 25, 2013


I learned today that our current chef will be teaching our next class which I am ecstatic that I have him as an instructor again.  Next up will be Artisan Breads and Viennoiserie (baked goods made from a yeast-leavened dough in a manner similar to bread).

Today we assembled the structural elements, made additional accessories, added the finishing touches, and completed the chocolate chef.  Not everything went as planned but we completed the task at hand. 


Completed Chocolate Chef

After two days of tempering chocolate, keeping chocolate in temper, re-tempering chocolate, and crafting accessories from modeling chocolate, my arms are sore and my hands ache, so I can say that I am not necessary disappointed that we have completed the chocolate class but did thoroughly enjoy the class and learned a lot. 





Spraying the chocolate chef with chocolate finish


Placement of the chocolate chef in the window display


Completed chocolate chefs window display


No comments:

Post a Comment