Wednesday, February 27, 2013


FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGEMENT

February 25, 2013

The class moved much slower today.  It was a nice change so that we could understand the concepts and the information being presented.  I actually kept up with it and even asked a question regarding marketing.  We went through the elements of an income statement: revenue, costs of sales, gross profit, other income and expense. The assignment today requires us to produce an income statement for our business plans and perform an analysis on what should be taken to reach our profit goal.  Considering we do not actually have any real costs, this will take some time and effort to complete.  A test is scheduled for first thing in the morning on what was covered last week. 


February 26, 2013

We had our test first thing this morning. Several students were conveniently missing from class today. The teacher had reviewed what areas that would be covered on the test so I did well. We reviewed cost control, elements of cost control, and different approaches. The teacher did good again today with a steady pace, easier to understand and keep up with the materials.

February 27, 2013

Today was a bit of a nightmare. The student next to me has ADHD  (her words not mine). She was spinning around in her chair, hitting my legs, put her stuff on my desk, dropping things on the floor, basically continual in my space for 4 hours. I was not a happy camper. I moved to the opposite corner of my desk as best I could.  The teacher had informed us  on the first day of class that we were not to change seats. So I will be dealing with this for the next 4 weeks.  Ha, ha, ha, I am laughing on the inside.

Pandemonium
We reviewed inventory and labor cost controls and the teacher was back to running at a fast pace through everything, brush over various items, and covered our syllabus for both today and tomorrow all in one day. I was hardly able to keep up with him. I was completely lost in the actual vs. theoretical cost section. When going over the labor cost calculations section we were asked to provide answers to questions but the teacher did not actually show us how to do the calculations. There was mass chaos in the classroom with everyone talking, trying to figure out what we were suppose to be doing to complete the calculations. Needless to say many students left the class a bit frustrated. Looking on the bright side, since he covered our syllabus for both days today, tomorrow should be a good day!







2 comments:

  1. Have you thought of a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a suggestion for "Little Miss Muffin" which is really good but I was thinking it may limit what customers think the store sells. I may be over thinking it. I was looking for something more general towards cakes, pastries or desserts.

    ReplyDelete