Monday, August 12, 2013

ARTISAN BREADS AND VIENNOISERIE

August 12, 2013

This week is our final week of artisan breads.  We have our practical exam today and tomorrow. Today we were required to make a French Baguette, a decorative bread, and bagels. We were scored as a whole on our bagels and decorative bread and some individual points on the French Baguettes.  

The French Baguettes were scored first. Mine is the one on the very left below. I lost several points on the shaping of my baguette.  I knew that I had not done the shaping exactly right and my cuts needs to be longer across the bread.  I told the Chef what I knew was wrong with the bread so I think knowing my errors was taken into consideration.




Next was the decorative bread.  We were scored on factors such as appearance, color, taste, texture, and crumb on all three items.  We scored all points available for this item.



We also scored all points available on the bagels as well. 


A combination of the scores from today and tomorrow will determine my final practical exam score. I received a ninety-one out of one hundred on today's portion of the exam.





No comments:

Post a Comment